Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Worries

As a Mom I find myself worrying all the time about Cain. About everyday things - is he eating enough, is he sleeping enough, etc. About things that are more important - is he growing enough, is he learning enough, is he healthy. There are always the questions ofL am I doing the best I can as his Mom, does he know he is loved enough, am I giving him enough attention, am I letting him have enough alone time, - it can literally drive me bonkers the back and forth of it. I think you just do the best you can and hope your child doesn't turn out to be a serial killer :)

Cain has always been healthy - thank God - and I haven't had any major issues with him. He is small for his age but he is going to be tall and thin like his Dad. I don't ever see him being a giant child. He has always been very active. He has always been smart and seems to pick things up easily.

There is one thing that has recently started that I have been worried about. Cain out of the blue has started to stutter. (I realize this is so minor compared to what some parents have to go through with their children but makes me worry none the less.) He mostly does it when he is super excited about something, it is like his mind is working faster then his mouth. But it can take a bit for him to get out what he is trying to say. In extreme cases he even closes his eyes and kind of scrunches up his nose as he is trying to say whatever it is. It really was just one day he started saying something and started stuttering and it has been going on for a little bit now. When he is relaxed and completely calm he doesn't seem to have a problem speaking slowly and clearly.

I am just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has gone through this with their children or know of anyone who has. Part of me is freaking out that there might be something wrong that I should get him help with it and then there is part of me that thinks it's just a phase and he might outgrow it. So any advice, stories, etc. would be greatly appreciated. I'm kind of going crazy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment