Wednesday, January 25, 2012

19 weeks...

I've been posting just every other week but I feel as though I have nothing to write about so here is an update for 19 weeks minus a picture.


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 19 Weeks
Size of baby: the size of a large heirloom tomato
Maternity Clothes: Mostly all maternity - it's just way more comfy 
Gender: We don't know yet. 
Movement: Still not much on a regular basis yet.  Our doctor said within the next few weeks there will be a large increase in movement.
Sleep: Sleeping ok - some nights are better then others.
What I miss: Nothing really.
Cravings: Chocolate. Although I've always loved it I just want it all the time now.
Symptoms: My back is always aching. Tired a lot. Losing my mind - forgetting lots of things. It just seems like this list is getting longer and longer as we go, lol. I can now add a little bit of heartburn, gas (sorry keeping it real folks), wight gain like crazy (but that's not really a symptom it's more like a given). I wouldn't trade it though!
Best moment this week: Feeling the baby move a bit more. Cain blowing raspberries on "the baby" (my belly). Popping out more so it is obvious that I am pregnant and not just fat.

I wanted to discuss the second child syndrome a little bit. You always hear about the second baby kind of getting the shaft with everything. I know some of the things I have heard are:
-you don't have as many pictures of you as a second child
- you might not have a filled out baby book as a second child
- you get all the hand me downs, etc.

I like to think that this will not happen to our second child but I feel like it already has a little. With Cain I was a freak about eating healthier, not having caffeine, etc. This time not so much.  With Cain I read all the books, followed the charts as I went, etc. This time not so much. I planned the nursery and searched over names and this time not so much. Poor second baby! I just kind of go with the flow more this time, I have our names already picked out, I have everything I need so there isn't much to do. I do hope to take just as many pictures of the new baby as I did of Cain and keep up on that end of stuff - I guess we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment