Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I've tried to write...

this post over and over and always end up deleting it. I don't know really how to word it in a "nice" way or whatever but here it goes anyway. Some parents are freaking stupid! It drives me insane. (see what i said about the nice way) Is there ever a right time to intervene in someone else's parenting? Other the the obvious if a child is in danger or whatever. I think I am a pretty "fair" parent. I know that there is not one way to do things and I try not to judge people for making the choices that are best for their family. But there are some things I see and I just want so badly to say something but I don't. I do however give the evil eye sometimes. For example one hot day we are at the spray park and there are these parents there with a little boy - younger then cain - and they are sticking him in the cold water as he screams. I don't know if he was scared of it or what but his little lips were shivering and he was screaming and the mom was just like you're fine and made him stand in it. grrrr. It pissed me off so bad and I just wanted to go over there and scoop him up. I realize that even if I were to say something it really wouldn't make a difference this is just how these people are. Things like this used to piss me off before I was a mom and now it is just infuriating. I am for pushing your kids a little bit to get over the fear of somethings but not forcing them to do things over and over that they obviously don't like and when they are that little they don't understand. There are so many more things that royally piss me off that I see people do but I won't keep going - you get the point. So have you ever interfered in someone else's parenting decisions and what drives you crazy about other people's parenting styles? Please don't tell me I am the only one. And I will leave you with a picture of my sweet little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment