Friday, February 18, 2011

Oh Lord when did I...

get so frumpy? I walked past the mirror the other day and had one of those moments where I stopped, looked at myself, and thought really, really? At some point I become a frumpy mom - not that I was ever like gorgeous or anything - but I at least tried. Now the hair goes into a pony - tail, I put on whatever clean yoga pant is at the top of the pile and grab a shirt (that hopefully matches). This is my daily wear if I am staying at home or just running errands - and if I there are no meetings that day then occasionally to the office :( It's sad people. And in the winter it just seems to be worse. I don't want to go all TMI on you so just trust me, it gets worse.
I need to to revamp myself. Not sure how I'm going to do it but I need to do it. I'm feeling ugly, chubby, and frumpy, blah! The thing is I don't know where to go from here with my "style" if you can even call it that. I can't do the new/cool/whatever trend at the moment thing. It looks awful. I mean jeggings, come on folks?

I don't want to be one of those women who dress like they are trying to be 13 but I don't want to dress like I'm in my 40's either.  Oh and I am a cheap ass - I have a hard time spending a lot of money on clothes - especially sense they just sit in my closet and never get worm. So can someone please help me? Please? What are your favorite things to wear or your most flattering things?

Image credit: Google search

2 comments:

  1. If you find the help please HELP ME too!! I feel the same way... Why put on jeans and put myself thru the torture when I could sit around in sweats all day?! lol And my hair is SO long that it takes forever to do! And for what? Just to put it in a pony before work :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to go shopping and you can help me by being brutally honest about how I look in things!

    ReplyDelete