Thursday, January 6, 2011

When I was pregnant...

I found out I have thyroid issues. I had to take some medication which I will honestly say I was a slacker when taking it. I don't like to take anything and especially when it wasn't just me. I still have the thyroid issues which sucks! I had a scan done recently with the radio-active iodine and the results came back that I do not have any growths, so that's good. They want me to take medication every single day and despite the doctor's warnings, my mother's warnings, and everyone else's warnings I just can't make myself do it everyday. I know it's bad so don't give me any guilt trips. I want to have another baby soon but need to get these issues under control first. So pros and cons...
Pro to taking the medication daily
1. My levels will come back to normal - resolving all most of the symptoms I have associated with the condition.
2. It won't get to the point that it effects other parts of my body if it hasn't already.
Cons to taking the medication daily
1. Putting chemicals into my body which have gruesome side effects and can cause liver damage if taken to long.
2. If taken during pregnancy my baby might come out with funky skin conditions for the rest of it's life. (my endo. was so nice to point this out at the last visit)
3. I have to pay for the crap - and I would rather spend my money on shoes.

Obviously this is my one sided opinion with a little humor. I do take this very serious. It scares the crap out of me. I have been looking into more natural ways of dealing with thyroid issues. I just started getting my levels tested monthly again so I'm not sure if what I am doing is helping yet. I've talked to a lot of people who have dealt with thyroid issues and everyone is different and has their own story and way of dealing but if you have anything to offer please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment