Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Letters To My Teenage Self...

If I would have known then what I know now....well unfortunately we don't - but wouldn't it be nice? If I could go back, here are a few things I would tell my teenage self.

Teenage self you need to be sitting down for this first one...be nice to your Mother - she will be one of your best friends one day. No really she will. I'm not kidding, you will call her and want to talk to her. I know it's crazy right. Not only that but she is right - all the things she says are going to happen actually do.

When people say these are the best years of your life they are lying. These are not the best years of your life - they may in fact be the worst ones to date.

Stay in school. Please don't think you are going to go back after your summer long vacation out of state.

Save your money - for the love of God quit wasting your money on junk. You don't need it.

Dump him - he's a big fat loser who is weighing you down!

Love your sister - she too will be one of your best friends.

Being "cool" doesn't matter. No one is going to care what you wore in school or who you were hanging out with.

That is all for now.
 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! If we all only knew then what we know now... Oh the things we've learned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What we learn after having our own children is amazing!!! I love you and you are one of my best friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blog, and i love you! I cant wait to see you next weekend, im so excited!

    ReplyDelete