Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Life just happens...

Last night I was getting ready for bed - oh so tired from the long day at work - when we discovered a little flood in the basement. There was some kind of "clog" and when the washing machine was going it made a mess. So took care of that, got everything cleaned up and went to bed late. Just as I am laying down guess who wakes up and wants to eat...as I finally lay in bed I thought about the next day and had it all planned out  -  I had a lot of stuff to do.

Fast forward to this morning...I didn't wake up as early as I had planned for (thank you little man for sleeping in though) so that threw my pre-planned schedule out the window. Ok I can work with that. I get little monkey around and discover that I do not have a car seat for the van (my husband has one in his truck and i have one in the van which I dropped off at my moms - the hubs didn't pick that one up because he had one). sooo...got the other car seat all installed in the van (takes forever!!) The guys come over to fix the "clog" as I leave to run my errands.

Already it felt like nothing was going right. Cain had a meltdown in the store, it is yucky weather, etc. etc. etc. After the day of "nothing went right" I came home and played with Cain and it felt like all the stuff that didn't go as I planned didn't matter. In reality I know that it really doesn't and I need to let these things go!

Life doesn't ask you how you want to plan it, it doesn't stop because your "plan" is failing, it doesn't need your opinion, it just happens and you need to be able to roll with it. I will be trying harder from now on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment