Friday, February 19, 2010

I have a huge fear....

of going to the dentist. I'm not sure why - I've never had a traumatic experience before. It was just like one day I was freaked out and it never went away. While I know this is just something in my own mind it doesn't make it easier to deal with.

I have switched dentists a couple times because I do not feel comfortable with them for different reasons. Well I have found a new dentist and I think I am going to stay. They are super nice in the office and everyone is wonderful but the main reason that I love them so is because they can sedate me!

Yes I know a little extreme but not if you could see me trying to make myself go to the dentist. I hadn't been sense I became pregnant because I didn't want to get the laughing gas while pregnant. I would not have ever gone back but woke up one morning with a tooth ache.

Uh - oh the time had come. So I went to the new office to discover I needed a root canal. Are you shitting me...there was no way I was going to survive. So we got it scheduled and I had to wait for two weeks. This was two weeks of agony.

The day had finally come. I got there early, took a pill that would knock me out, and waited. A short time later I remember looking at my husband (who was instructed to not leave the office no matter what) with very heavy eyes...and then out.

I can only remember bits and pieces of the next few hours. I remember someone talking to me, someone helping me get up to pee but I don't remember actually peeing -weird! I remember puking - sort of. And then I was home on the couch. I don't remember how I got there. I slept the rest of the day. Now no tooth ache - no pain - I did it :)

The next venture I think is going to be braces. When I tell people who know of my fear they say how in the hell are you going to get braces. I'm not exactly sure how it is going to go but I am making myself do it! I will be 27 in a few short weeks and have hated the crowding in my teeth. Well now is the time to do something about it. I scheduled an appt. with an orthodontist and we shall see what they say.

I'm feeling a little excited about it and kinda funny. I mean I already get that I look young for my age now add braces - and a baby. I'm sure I'll get some looks. I'll just smile my shiny smile and tell them to suck it :)

On a totally different note...little man got a cute new hat made by grandma kathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment