Friday, January 15, 2010

Shopping

Today was a good day.
Had the day off. Decided to take Cain to Toys 'R' Us for the first time. Not that he will remember or anything. It was basically so I could use a gift card I received like four months ago. We decided on getting him a ball, it's called sensory ball and it is a rubber ball with all these "nubs" on them. He seemed to like it. We also got some new clothes! The clearance section was buy one get one for 99 cents. Can't beat that. We then ventured to some other stores and did some shopping. Cain was so good for most of the day. He got a little cranky and needed lunch, a diaper change, etc.
That is when the mini-van comes in handy, lol. I never thought that I would be driving a mini in my life time. Then here comes a baby and all it's crap! When I had the car I would put his stroller in the trunk, which would fill the entire thing, put the groceries on either side of the car seat and it was just a pain. Now we have room for everything. It is a Chevy Uplander and I really like it. There I said it...I drive a mini-van and I like it.
Little bird and I also went to my Dad's for a visit while the hubbs went to basketball practice. My Dad is currently going through a divorce. It really is the best because it was becoming a bad situation for the kids. He had the girls tonight so we all hung out. Cain loves spending time with his Aunties.
Tomorrow we have our final volleyball tournament. Hopefully it goes well and we don't loose right off the bat (it's single elimination).We're pretty good though.
A couple of years ago I got a sewing machine for Christmas and every now and then I tinker with it a little. I saw some really cute ideas in my Grandma's Country Living magazine that I want to try. I will have to post some pics if it turns out ok - or even if it doesn't.

                                  Sensory Balls

No comments:

Post a Comment